I love taking art classes and workshops! I like trying my hand at different types of art as well as continue to learn more about and master techniques I know. There is no shortage of great classes and workshops in the Albuquerque area! I would like to list classes on a monthly basis. Some of these are ongoing and others are one-time-only events.
I would also love your help in letting me know when and where great classes and workshops are! If you know of a great class or workshop, please post in the comments section!
June Classes and Workshops
- Sho Sho Box – Wednesday, June 12, 2019 from 6 to 8pm(ish) -Learn how to make a traditional Japanese Sho-Sho box structure! Using binder’s board, chiyogami and PVA, create a clever box with a contrasting lid that wraps around the structure for an unusual design!
- Mixed Media Diptych – Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 6 to 8pm(ish) – Transform Creative Culture ABQ’s media boards into wall art using fabulous papers, stencils, paints and more! Collage and paint techniques make these pieces completely customizable to fit your home decor and style!
- Craft Fantastic Art Jewelry – Wednesday – June 26, 2019 from 6 to 8pm(ish) – Create 12+ ready-to-wear pieces using over $60 of Craft Fantastic’s best! Necklaces, bracelets, earrings and other findings make this kit an exceptional value. Select from their extensive line of Fantastic Art Images to make your designs unique. Learn how to use your own photography or original artwork to create custom work!
- Mandala Bath Bomb at St. Clair Winery – Tuesday, June 18, 2019, from 6 to 7pm – Paint your own Mandala bath bombs! Each ticket includes 3 white round bath bombs scented with Evening Rose. Spray them and paint your own mandalas with shimmering mica. Seating is reserved for ticket holders only. For special accommodations, please call 505.803.1346 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.** Food and drinks are not included in the ticket price.
- Unicorn Bath Bomb at Tractor Four Hills – Thursday, June 20, 2019 from 6 to 7 pm – Paint your own Unicorn bath bombs! Each ticket includes 4 white Unicorn bath bombs scented sweetly like Toasted Oatmeal Cookies. Spray them and paint them with shimmering mica. Seating is reserved for ticket holders only. For special accommodations, please call 505.803.1346 or email us at email@example.com.** Food and drinks are not included in the ticket price.
- Sugar Skull Bath Bombs at Lava Rock Brewing – Tuesday, June 25, 2019 from 7 to 8 pm – On the patio at Lava Rock Brewing, paint your own Sugar Skull bath bombs. Each ticket includes two large Sugar Skull bath bombs scented with Blood Orange. Spray them and paint them with shimmering mica.Seating is reserved for ticket holders only. For special accommodations, please call 505.803.1346 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. ** Food and drinks are not included in the ticket price.
- Beading Happy Hour – Every Friday from 4:00 to 7:00 pm – Arrive before the end of Happy Hour and you can shop until store closing with the Happy Hour discount. Buy two strands of beads at regular price, and get the third strand FREE!*Third Strand Free applies to lowest priced strands of total purchase. Does not apply to sets of three.
- Making Findings with Bead Society of NM – Wednesday, June 5, 2019 from 4:30 to 7pm – Learn to make your own findings (including clasps, chain links, caps etc.) using wire.
- Inspired by Nature: Create an olla! – Wednesday, June 19 from 6:00 to 9pm. Spend an evening creating a coil “Olla” for your garden. Earthenware clay irrigation jars, or “ollas” in Spanish, provide one of the most effective ways to give plants water. Learn how the ollas are used in the Museum’s Kiwanis Learning Garden. This event is 21 and over only please bring your I.D. A portion of every ticket sale goes to support the Learning Garden at the museum.